Hard Boiled Eggs-Tips/ Egg Masala Roast

Well, let me start with something I experimented last night.  Making hard boiled eggs has been a little tricky for me in the past. Either it becomes too rubbery or becomes soft boiled. So I thought why don’t I check out some tips before I cook my simple egg masala and I found one that  gave me good result. So here it goes.
I read in an article that the number of eggs we want to boil and the amount of water used for boiling is all very important. So practically what we should do is
1.       Make sure that the eggs are immersed fully in water about an inch think above.
2.       Bring the water to boil and turn off the burner,
3.       Let the eggs remain in the hot water for 10 to 15 mints
4.       After draining the hot water immediately pour cold water with some ice (ice is optional)
5.       After a minute or two crack the shell and open. Hard boiled eggs are ready.
Tip: Please note that if u continues to boil the egg it will turn rubbery.
EGG Masala Roast- Recipe
Ingredients
1.       Eggs- 2
2.       Onions-2 ( medium) chopped
3.       Tomato-1 ( medium) chopped
4.       Red Chili Powder- 1/2 Tsp.
5.       Turmeric Powder- A pinch
6.       Coriander Powder- 1 and half Tsp.
7.       Salt – To taste
8.       Curry Leaves- few
9.       Garlic- I big clove
10.   Sunflower – 2 to 3 Tbsp. (or any healthy oil)
11.   Water – 1 cup
Method
1.       First in a pan dry roast the chilly and coriander powder and set aside.
2.       Sauté  garlic, curry leaves and onions till it becomes light brown color in sunflower oil
3.       Add tomatoes to it and cook.
4.       Add turmeric and the roasted masalas along with water and cook for a minute
5.       Add the hard boiled eggs and let it simmer till the masalas coat the egg. (This is done so that the bland eggs can absorb all the flavors from the masala. You can split the eggs into two to speed up this process)
6.       Serve hot.

Comments

Popular Posts